Procedures to Protect the Church from COVID19
June 28 Update
March 25 Update
- As the spread of COVID-19 becomes severe, in order to protect the congregation, our church decides to suspend all gatherings and meetings with immediate effect. Sunday worships become online worships at specific times (Sunday English Worship: 9:45 am, Chinese Worship:11:00 am) until further notice. Online worship starts and ends at specific times. It cannot be paused. If missed, it is missed. Please check www.bcefc.ca for the links to the video each week.
- Offering can be made by e-Transfer (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; if you don’t know how to set it up, please consult your bank; please state the offering allocation in the message column; offering without such information will be regarded as offering to general fund) OR mailing a cheque (please do not mail cash; cheque payable to: BCEFC; address: BCEFC, 6112 Rumble St., Burnaby, B.C. V5J 2C7).
- Christians Unite Against COVID-19 – A guide on how to pray for the CoronaVirus Pandemic can be found in the following link: https://24-7prayer.com/downloads/An%20Hour%20of%20Prayer%20for%20the%20Coronavirus%20Pandemic.pdf
- A provincial COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool that provides information concerning the virus: https://covid19.thrive.health
March 15 Update
- Everyone who has travelled outside of Canada has to self-isolate for 14 days or more.
- Everyone who has flu symptoms like cough, fever, trouble breathing has to stay at home and rest. Call 811 if there is a speculation of catching COVID-19.
- In worship services or other gatherings, those who will cough or sneeze must wear face masks.
- Avoid handshake or physical contact while greeting people.
- Avoid any meal/food gatherings within the church.
- Every congregant attending a worship service has to wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after the service.
- Newcomers will be asked for personal health information related to COVID-19 and if they have travelled abroad within past 14 days. A poster of related guidelines is posted at the main entrance.
- Encourage members to pray side by side instead of across from one another.
- Suspend short-term mission trips to BC Interior. Use technology to follow-up and continue mission efforts in the meantime.
- Suspend planned outreach events such as home visits, evangelistic meetings and networking gatherings.
- Improve cleanliness standard by increasing the frequency of church cleaning.
- Measures begin immediately until further notice. Our church will continue to monitor the situation and update measures taken.
- Require all children to take temperature readings and use hand sanitizer. Children who have flu symptoms like cough, fever, trouble breathing will be required to go home and rest.
- Require all snacks given to children to be individually packaged.
- If our church has a congregant confirmed to have COVID-19, all worship services and other meetings will be suspended immediately. All our congregants will self-isolate for 14 days.
- If any of the governments announces suspension of church services, our church will abide until the suspension order is lifted.
- If we have to suspend worship services in our church building, we will conduct worship services online. Meanwhile fellowships and small groups are encouraged to have virtual meetings so that fellowship between members can continue.